I have lived and worked in Japan for 5 months now and I am having the best time. I have met some wonderful people and this has been one of my best decisions. My life has settled in a routine between working and visiting various places.
Living here is relatively the same as in another country; in any city however, for me, this has been my dream for years and I feel like this is where I am supposed to be. I am happy and relaxed. I am excited to show my mum around Tokyo.
I am visiting places but I am trying to save some places to share with my mum. Although I do have a list of my favourite places to visit.
My Favourite Places
- Sunshine City in Ikebukuro
The other day I went to Shin Okubo, which has various Korean shops, cafes, restaurants and K pop. It has a fun atmosphere and like most of my favourite places, is on the Yamanote line. I am looking forward to more visits to Shin Okubo.
When I am not working, I try and chill and relax as much as I can. This has helped improve my stress levels and I find myself more cheerful in my everyday life.
Things I do to Relax
I have a few activities that I use to relax and unwind.
- Read – I have always enjoyed reading a good book and I often re-read my favourite books. Although I have a kindle which helps with space, I do still like having an actual book in my hands.
- Watch films – I love watching films and I love re-watching my favourite films such as Disney and IT. There have been studies that show watching the same film and reading the same book help people to relax as it gives a person predictability in a world that is not predictable.
- Skincare Routine – I am new to the skincare world however doing a routine morning and evening has stabilised my daily life as it is something I do every day. Some nights I also include a face mask (my collection has grown) in the evening and every so often I also do hand/feet masks.
- Drinking warm honey – This is something that I have done in the past and I have just started doing again. Honey is a natural humectant and is also anti-bacterial. Honey is full of natural sugars. It also contains antioxidants which help to protect against free radicals. Honey can help with healing and I particularly drink warm honey when I have a cold/sore throat as it helps to soothe.
- Talking to mum – I consider my mum one of my best friends as I enjoy spending time with her and I also tell her a lot of problems I have encountered over the years. Even though I am in Japan, I still talk to her over messenger at least once a week face to face or just sending messages. I also do this with my other friends just to let them know how I am doing.
These are how I relax and unwind either after work or on my days off.
I have a few activities coming up which I will be posting about.
That’s all for this post so till next time